The Senate is considering the Build Back Better Act, the massive reconciliation bill that will dramatically expand the welfare state and increase taxes by $2 trillion—the most in over 50 years. Here are just a few things you should know about the Act:
- Give the IRS $80 billion to “strengthen tax enforcement activities” (Just recently, the IRS tried to deny tax-exempt status to a Christian non-profit organization—not the first time it has engaged in such corruption and discrimination.)
- Devote $550 billion to supposedly fight climate change
- Result in fewer jobs, lower wages, and higher prices as businesses—including small businesses—attempt to pay the increased taxes
- Discourage marriage by increasing tax marriage penalties
- Make the combined U.S. tax rate higher than any other nation’s
These are just a few of the harmful provisions included in the 2,400-page bill.
The last thing our nation needs is a historic tax hike. Do you agree? Contact your senators today!
We’ve made it easy for you by providing a suggested message you can sign—but you can also edit the message so that it reflects your exact concerns. We’ll make sure the message reaches your senators.