The House is approaching a vote on the Build Back Better Act, the massive reconciliation bill that will dramatically expand the welfare state and increase taxes by $2 trillion—the most in over 50 years. Here are just a few things you should know about the Act:
- Give the IRS $79 billion to “strengthen tax enforcement activities” (Just recently, the IRS tried to deny tax-exempt status to a Christian non-profit organization—not the first time it has engaged in such corruption and discrimination.)
- Implement a $150 billion program to supposedly fight climate change
- Raise the corporate tax rate to a rate higher than China’s
- Result in fewer jobs, lower wages, and higher prices as businesses—including small businesses—attempt to pay the increased taxes.
- Endanger Americans’ retirement savings by devaluing business investments that make up 401(k)s and IRAs.
- Discourage marriage by increasing marriage tax penalties.
These are just a few of the harmful provisions included in the nearly 2,500-page bill.
The last thing our nation needs is a historic tax hike. Do you agree? Contact your representative in the House today!
We’ve made it easy for you by providing a suggested message you can sign—but you can also edit the message so that it reflects your exact concerns. We’ll make sure the message reaches your representative.