By: Jeanine Santucci – usatoday.com – October 14, 2019
The White House says President Donald Trump hasn’t seen the violent video edited to depict him carrying out a massacre of news organizations and political opponents, but he does condemn the contents being reported.
The statement comes as questions about the video and its use continue to swirl and as the people “killed” in the video continue to react.
The fake video was played at a conference hosted by a pro-Trump group at his Miami resort last week, according to a report in The New York Times. It includes the logo for Trump’s 2020 reelection campaign.
In the edited scene from the film “Kingsman: The Secret Service,” Trump as the face of Colin Firth’s character enters a “Church of Fake News” and opens fire on members of the congregation.
The churchgoers have various news organizations’ logos or the faces of Democratic lawmakers and other critics superimposed onto their bodies.
White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham said Monday morning that the president has not yet viewed the video, but condemns its contents based on reports. She said he will see it shortly. Trump has not directly responded.
Trump’s character shoots, stabs and sets fire to the late Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz.; 2020 presidential candidate Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt.; Rep. Maxine Waters, D-Calif.; and 2016 Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton and former President Barack Obama, among others.
To see the remainder of this article and others by Ms. Santucci and from USA Today, click read more.